Keck Classroom (Reservable Rooms: Reservable Rooms) Capacity: 40
This Active Learning Center was funded by a Steelcase Education Grant in 2017. The room is designed to be a flexible space for user-centered teaching and learning. The furniture and technology can be reconfigured to support a variety of classroom activities and approaches. The primary use of this room is for information literacy and research instruction sessions in collaboration with Claremont faculty and instructional staff. Students, staff, and faculty of The Claremont Colleges may request use of the Library's classrooms, but priority will be given to Library staff and building partners such as the Center for Teaching & Learning.
Technology available in Keck Classroom:
- Wall to wall whiteboards,
- 24 individual whiteboards
- 2 projectors and screens
- Document camera
- DVD player
- 20 laptops with ArcGIS software installed (when Keck Classroom laptop cart is requested)
We will do our best to accommodate as many requests as possible and respond to you as quickly as possible. Due to heavy interest in using the Library's classrooms, we are requiring a minimum of 2 weeks advance notice for requests. Any requests for use of this space less than 2 weeks in advance will not be considered. Download the Classroom Use Policy
In addition to ad hoc requests, faculty/instructional staff can also request to teach a semester long course in one of the Library's classrooms.
Power Available: Yes
- Located on the 2nd floor of the Mudd side of the Library
- Check out the key at the Main Services Desk on Honnold 1.
- Due to limited staff capacity, Library staff cannot provide on-call support for the technology in this space. For assistance, please contact us at email@example.com at least a week in advance.
- Note: A mask must be worn at all times while inside the library building, including in the classrooms.