Open Access Publishing
Open Access Publishing In-Person
Open Access to academic articles is rapidly becoming the norm, not the exception. In this presentation, we will explain the current landscape of Open Access publishing and what it means for you as an early career researcher.
Topics covered in the workshop:
- What is open access and why is this the best way to publish your work?
- How does open access differ from subscription (‘closed access’ publication)?
- What charges might be involved?
- How do you avoid so-called ‘predatory publishers’?
- And how can you best maximize your impact and reach?
The Claremont Colleges Library has several OA Read and Publish agreements with publishers, as well as an institutional repository to depository Green OA.
There will be an opportunity for open Q&A so come with any questions you might have about open access!
- Thursday, February 9, 2023
- 4:00pm - 5:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Pacific Time - US & Canada (change)
- Digital Scholarship Collaboratory, Mudd 2
- The Claremont Colleges Library